Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi had a hair transplant
PlucknGro
2004-08-30 00:16:33 UTC
That's why the guy is wearing a skull cap in this picture (the link may
not fit into a line so you may have to type the rest of the address in
your browser) :

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/08/18/1092765009828.html?from=top5&oneclick=true
PlucknGro
2004-08-30 00:22:25 UTC
in case u cannot get to the website to see the picture of this
guy with his skull cap, here's the article. we'll know soon
enough if its a disaster I guess :

---
Balding Berlusconi's cover-up

When Silvio Berlusconi donned a bandanna to welcome Tony and
Cherie Blair to Sardinia, it was widely assumed to be another
bold style statement from the Italian Prime Minister.

However, the choice of headgear may have been born out of
necessity rather than choice after it was claimed that the
balding politician had undergone a hair transplant.

Aides of Mr Berlusconi, who is sensitive about his receding
hairline, failed to deny the transplant rumour on Tuesday.

His deputy spokesman tried to laugh it off and said: "People
who hate Berlusconi will criticise him for this, but those who
love him will accept it as part of his style."

In January, Mr Berlusconi, 67, admitted having had cosmetic
surgery. Although denying media reports of a facelift, he
conceded that he had had "a little incision done". Photographs
appeared to show that he had surgery to remove heavy bags
under his eyes.

However, his singular fashion sense has failed to find much
support in Italy. "My first reaction was one of surprise,"
said Daniela Monti, a fashion writer for Corriere della Sera.
"You don't expect politicians, and especially prime ministers,
to wear bandannas."

She acknowledged that Mr Berlusconi's hair was a sensitive
subject. "We know that he has a problem with his baldness,
to the extent that he has had election posters bearing his
image touched up, with some of the hair being airbrushed back
in."

As well as being Prime Minister, Mr Berlusconi is also Italy's
biggest media tycoon and is a past master of public relations
and the art of the advertising image.

He has a habit of trying to look cool by dressing down when he
is with VIP guests. For the Blairs' brief visit, he may also
have been trying to summon up a sense of Sardinian tradition
when donning his bandanna - which some say has a local
connection - in the same way that US President George Bush
conjures up Texas when he welcomes foreign dignitaries to his
ranch wearing a Stetson.

"But Berlusconi with his bandanna instead gave the sad
impression of a man of mature years who is trying, and not
entirely succeeding, to project an image of summery youth and
vitality," said Ms Monti.

"If there is one thing that you can be almost sure you won't
see on an Italian beach right now, it's people wearing bandannas.
They are fuori moda" - out of fashion. In other words, old hat.

Rome's La Repubblica said Mr Berlusconi - complete with a
billowing linen shirt suit, the top three buttons of which
were left undone - succeeded in turning more heads during
several brief walkabouts on shore than did Mr Blair in a polo
shirt.

Italian police said yesterday they had defused a bomb near Mr
Berlusconi's holiday villa, hours after the Blair visit.

Police said they were looking for a second bomb after a local
leftist group said it had planted two devices.

- Telegraph, Reuters
PlucknGro
2004-08-30 00:26:18 UTC
I personally don't know why the guy bothered with a hair transplant. He's
reasonably suave looking man for his age with a bit of flair for
controversy.

At the very least, he puts Italy on the map with his antics.
CALVIZIE.NET©
2004-08-30 19:35:42 UTC
Hi dudes!
Community Italiana Capelli & Calvizie
www.calvizie.net
r5
2004-08-31 07:51:35 UTC
Post by PlucknGro
I personally don't know why the guy bothered with a hair transplant. He's
What puzzles me is why he didn't select H&W or Cole or one of the
other highest rated HT docs for the procedure. If I were a
billionaire, I'd only want the best in the business operating on
my scalp.
PlucknGro
2004-08-31 14:04:03 UTC
Post by r5
What puzzles me is why he didn't select H&W or Cole or one of the
other highest rated HT docs for the procedure. If I were a
billionaire, I'd only want the best in the business operating on
my scalp.
Regardless of who he goes with, he is already much too bald for a hair
transplant. It will look unnatural having a horse shoe at the back and
a few hairs in front. We will know soon enough if his HT is a success
or a disaster.
Ernie Primeau
2004-08-31 15:43:42 UTC
We already know that png is an idiot. Ernie

Ernie Primeau
2004-08-30 02:13:03 UTC
Who cares. Ernie