Is Sen. Rand Paul Okay? His Latest COVID Rant Seems Deranged Even By His Standards.
Kurt Schlichter
2021-08-11 19:26:04 UTC
Is Sen. Rand Paul okay? His latest COVID rant seems deranged even by his
standards.
BY LINDA BLACKFORD
Could Sen. Rand Paul possibly be worried about his 2022 Senate campaign?
Not many people think challenger Charles Booker has a chance in the
crimson state of Kentucky, but this weekend Rand Paul put out a video on
Twitter that seemed desperate and loony even by his standards.
"President Biden: We will not accept your agency's mandates or your
reported moves toward a lockdown," Paul said. "No one should follow the
CDC's anti-science mask mandates. And if you want to shut down federal
agencies again, some of which aren't even back to work yet, I will stop
every bill coming through the Senate with an amendment to cut their
funding if they don't come back to work in-person."
Does he mean schools? I think he means schools, which he doesn't have to
worry about because it appears most Kentucky public schools aren't
requiring masks anyway.
Resist! declares Rand Paul. Resist as he did when he had COVID-19 and
wandered around the Capitol without a mask! Resist as he did when he set
up his own ophthalmology licensing board with his wife and father-in-law
as the the only board members! Resist as Rand Paul did against a federal
anti-lynching law! Resist as Rand Paul would have in 1964 against part
of the Civil Rights Act! You know, because it forbade segregation even
in private businesses.
(Or you could resist like the Dallas, Texas school district, which is
implementing masks in defiance of Gov. Greg Abbott's order that bans
such mandates because there are so many COVID cases in Texas right now.)
Rand Paul, an eye doctor who believes he's a genius, is bad enough when
he's calm and condescending. But this new, excitable Rand Paul might be
even worse. Is the Senate campaign getting to him already? Or was being
called an idiot by Dr. Anthony Fauci hurtful to his feelings? How else
can we explain his escalating lunacy? Is he worried about his base? Why
else would he bring up Nancy Pelosi? Stopping the spread of COVID in the
U.S. Capitol is her "drunk with power reign over the Capitol." Saying
the words "Nancy Pelosi" is a sure sign of desperate appeal to the
Republican base, you usually save it for when you're losing, which as
far as we know, Paul is not.
And while we're asking all these questions, what did Kentucky ever do to
deserve Paul or his mini-me, Rep. Thomas Massie? Massie recently joined
up with another House Republican brain trust, Marjorie Taylor Greene, to
sue Pelosi over fines for not wearing a mask. Sure, this kind of
political posturing helps Massie and Paul ignore the larger problems at
home, like failing infrastructure, poor health outcomes and low
educational attainment that makes people think their opinions are better
than those of trained public health officials.
That includes Sen. Paul, of course, who has been ranting about his
natural immunity from COVID, but has yet to say anything about a new
study of Kentuckians that found the vaccine protects you much more from
the Delta variant than the immunity from having had it already.
https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/linda-blackford/article253366383.html
He's a pathological liar and a CAREER POLITICIAN sucking from the taxpayer
teat. Even the wig he wears on his head is paid for by us!
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter